There are plenty of times when I am working on one document and referencing material in another document. Having to flip back and forth between the two documents can seem like an unnecessary chore.
If you find yourself in the same shoes and you want to work more proficiently, try showing both documents side-by-side.
In the video, you can see that I’m working on a PowerPoint presentation and pulling information from a local government website. To see the PowerPoint and Microsoft Edge window side-by-side just requires a few simple moves:
- Click and hold on the title bar of the top document.
- Drag the title bar completely off the screen.
- Click the other window to activate it.
- Windows 10 will automatically fit the second window to fit side-by-side.
- Windows 8 and earlier versions will require you to drag the title bar of the second window to the left.
The key to making this tip work is to remember to drag your title bar/mouse completely off the edge of the screen. If you stop at the edge you won’t get the same effect.